Microsoft promised back in January that the GoPro app is going to be released for Xbox. On Tuesday, Xbox Live Gold subscribers around the globe will be able to view content through the GoPro Channel Xbox 360 app. The app will allow streaming and curation of video content. To commemorate the launch GoPro is offering two exclusive videos to the Xbox community. Captured through GoPro cameras, the videos show an amazing basketball trick shot and an extreme snowmobile jump.
Through the app, Xbox 360 users will be able to access GoPro’s originally produced as well as user-generated content. Users will be able to browse through several categories to find content that appeals to them the most, categories include adventure, athletes and sports. Videos can be watched individually or back-to-back within a category.
It will be even easier for Xbox 360 owners to purchase GoPro cameras, should they find themselves highly motivated by the amazing content. Xbox Live Gold members will be able to purchase GoPro cameras and accessories from within the app itself, orders placed in the U.S. will be fulfilled by the Microsoft online store.
Xbox One owners shouldn’t feel out of luck, the company hasn’t forgotten about them. Though they will have to wait until summer to get the GoPro app.
- 2014-04-14: Titanfall Sales In The UK Up By 220% After Xbox 360 Version
- 2014-04-11: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Not Be Coming To Games On Demand
- 2014-04-07: GoPro Channel Xbox 360 App Release Tomorrow
- 2014-04-06: Xbox 360 Emulation On Xbox One Mulled
- 2014-04-06: Titanfall For Xbox 360 Will Be A "True Experience"
- 2014-03-15: Xbox 360 Spring Value Bundle Announced
- 2014-02-06: The Wolf Among Us Xbox 360 Season Pass Issue Irks Customers
- 2013-12-16: Shoot Many Robots Free On Xbox 360 Through Games With Gold
- 2013-12-12: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Wolf DLC Releasing Today On Xbox One, 360
- 2013-12-12: Fable Anniversary Hitting Xbox 360 On Feb. 4, 2014 With Bonus Content