There has been plenty of talk surrounding the recent rollout of the HTC One (M8) smartphone, in addition to its predecessor, the HTC One (M7)’s upgrade to the Sense 6 user interface. Well, HTC does have its fair share of older Android-powered smartphones too, and the HTC Droid DNA happens to be one of them. In fact, we are pleased as punch to announce that the HTC Droid DNA is on its way to receive a new Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, apart from the Sense 5.5 user interface update.
That bit of information came about from HTC executive Mohammad Versi, who claimed that Verizon has already approved the above mentioned updates for the HTC Droid DNA on the mobile carrier. Versi also mentioned that this particular update ought to start to roll out via Over The Air (OTA) this coming April 24.
It seems that the HTC Droid DNA’s Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is arrive a wee bit later compared to a previous estimate from HTC, but you know how the adage goes – better late than never, right? At least the KitKat update will finally be on its way, which is better than nothing at all. It remains to be seen just what kind of goodies that this particular update will deliver, so we will just have to sit back and wait.
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-03-25 AT&T HTC One Mini To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Soon
- 2014-02-04 HTC Droid DNA Android 4.4.2 With Sense 5.5 ROM Available
- 2013-12-08 Verizon HTC Droid DNA Android 4.2.2 Update Released
- 2013-09-16 Droid DNA Getting Android 4.2 With Sense 5 Soon On Verizon
- 2013-05-15 Verizon HTC One Release Rumored