It does not matter whether you agree as to snapping selfies being a mental disorder when you take a look at the iOcean X8 smartphone. This particular handset might not be popular or even heard of outside of China, but it does carry one very important feature that selfie lovers absolutely cannot live without, and wished that it appeared on smartphones from other manufacturers. The iOcean X8 is touted to be the very first smartphone that sports a 5MP front facing camera that has auto-focus capability.
It makes sense, really, and it also does beg the question – how come other smartphone manufacturers have not done to same to date? Most of the time, the front facing camera is an inferior version of the one at the back, so to see the iOcean X8 improve on this particular staple feature on modern day smartphones is definitely extremely encouraging.
Other hardware specifications of the iOcean X8 include a 5.7-inch 1080p display, an octa-core MediaTek CPU, a Mali-450 GPU, 2GB RAM, a 14MP camera at the back, a 2560mAh battery, and Android 4.2 Jelly Bean right out of the box. Unfortunately, it does not seem as though the Ocean X8 is going to make its way outside of China anytime soon.
- 2014-04-17: iOcean X8 Has Autofocus Front Camera
- 2014-04-15: Amazon Smartphone Spotted
- 2014-04-13: “Ellen Seflie” Now A Painting At Twitter HQ
- 2014-04-11: SELFIE Mirror Shoots Seflies
- 2014-04-10: 'Selfie' Gets Body Image Warning
- 2014-04-09: Arirang AS1201 Could Be Made In China, Ironically
- 2014-04-07: OnePlus One To Feature 3GB RAM, 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 Processor
- 2014-04-07: Sharp Aquos Xx 302Sh Packed To The Brim With Features