It was sometime in late March that the LG G Pad 8.3 began to be on the receiving end of the Android 4.4 KitKat update, although that particular roll out happened to remain within the confines of South Korea only. Fast forward to today, and here we are with word that LG G Pad 8.3 owners who happen to live in the US as well as in Europe will be able to grab this update via an Over The Air (OTA) update, which would mean dancing to the Settings > About and ‘Check for updates’ tune all over again, if it has not received the update already, that is.
For folks over in the US, it does seem that one will need to rely on LG’s desktop software in order to pick up this particular update. Doing so is not too difficult at all – all that you need to do is to locate LG’s support website, download the company’s desktop PC software, before you make use of that to perform the Android 4.4 KitKat download before transferring it over to your tablet. Sure, it is a whole lot less convenient, but at least you will have your LG G Pad 8.3’s update future fall directly into you hands.
Next Story: Major iTunes Music Store Revamp Possible
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-03-09: Android SDK For Wearables Coming In Two Weeks
- 2014-02-14: LG G Pad 8.3 For Verizon Leaked
- 2014-01-17: LG G Pad 8.3 Rumored For Verizon
- 2013-12-13: LG Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat Begins Rolling Out For Some Users [Update]
- 2013-12-02: LG V510 Tablet Might Be The Nexus 8