About a week ago we reported that thanks to a leaked box art image, it was suggested that Nintendo could be looking to launch a Wii U bundle themed around Mario Kart 8. Given that the game is one of the more highly-anticipated Nintendo games of 2014, we guess it’s not really a stretch of the imagination, but Nintendo has since come forward to confirm it.
According to Nintendo, the bundle is indeed real and official and will launch on the 30th of May which is when Mario Kart 8 is expected to be released. The bundle will come with a 32GB Wii U Premium console, a physical copy of the game, and a Wii sensor bar. Nintendo has also announced that there will be two new Wii Remote designs that will be released on the same day as well.
Unfortunately these Wii Remotes will be sold separately so unless you’re a huge fan of the Mario franchise, we’re not sure how many of you guys see the need to fork out money for a Yoshi and Princess Peach-themed Wii Remote controllers. We’re a little over a month away from the game officially launching, so if you’re looking to get your hands on the bundle, you might want to keep an eye out for it at your local video game retailer.
- 2014-04-23 Ace Attorney 3DS Takes Place In Late 1800s
- 2014-04-23 Mario Kart 8 Demo Rumored For Release Ahead Of Official Game
- 2014-04-22 Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call Confirmed
- 2014-04-22 New Fatal Frame For The Wii U Being Developed
- 2014-04-17 Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-03 Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-03-06 Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed
- 2014-02-14 Mario Kart 8 Given 30th May Release Date