If you were thinking that maybe you could get by with your old computer and play some of today’s more modern games, you might want to rethink that, unless of course you future-proofed your computer when you bought it and its hardware is still powerful even today.
That being said, it seems that games these days are starting to require more powerful hardware than ever and if you had your eye on Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, you might want to do some upgrades because the recommended specs of the game have since been released and let’s just say that they’re pretty high.
According to the listing on Steam, it developers are asking that gamers have at least an Intel Core i7-3770 CPU clocked at 3.4GHz, or an AMD FX-8350 clocked at 4.0GHz. They are also recommending 8GB of RAM, an NVIDIA GeForce GTA 670 GPU or an AMD Radeon HD 7970 with at least 40GB of HDD space to install the game on. A 64-bit OS like Windows 7 or Windows 8 will also be required.
Those are the recommended specs and like we said, they’re pretty high so if unless you don’t mind playing the game on low-medium settings, or if you don’t mind playing at a low FPS rate, then chances are you’ll want to perform some upgrades ahead of the game’s release. MIddle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is expected to be released on the 7th of October.
Next Story: Adobe Lightroom Mobile For iPad
- 2014-04-20 Ultima Online And Dark Age Of Camelot Appear On Steam Greenlight
- 2014-04-16 Wolfenstein: The New Order Pre-Order Bonuses Includes TF2 Items And DOOM Beta Access
- 2014-04-16 36.9% Of Games Bought On Steam Never Get Played [Study]
- 2014-04-13 Steam Controller Goes On Sale This October/November (Rumor)
- 2014-03-17 Developers Reveal That Most Gamers Do Not Finish Their Games