Motorola came up with two highly appreciated smartphones last year, the Moto X and the Moto G. The former came first, being unveiled in August. It was Motorola’s flagship smartphone that held its ground against rivals. The company followed up with Moto G which was primarily aimed at emerging markets. Now there has been a lot of speculation about how the company is going to build on this success, and if the rumor mill is to be believed, the “Moto X + 1″ may carry the baton forward.
There hasn’t been any indication from the company as yet about its 2014 plans. Yes its going to launch new smartphone, but what they will be called and what they’ll have under the hood remains a mystery. Moreover, since Google has sold it to Lenovo, it remains to be seen if that transition has any effect on its plans for the year.
The “Moto X + 1″ bit comes from famed Twitter leaker @evleaks. He tweeted out what appears to a be logo for the Moto X successor, and without offering any additional information, only said that its “coming soon.” So one can’t exactly say when this phone is coming out, perhaps Motorola might aim for launch this summer.
It could pair the Moto X + 1 up with the Moto 360. The smartwatch is already expected to be launched over the summer, a pair would make sense. Samsung has been doing that since last year, when it launched Galaxy Gear alongside the Galaxy Note 3.
- 2014-04-13: Moto X+1 Customizable Options Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2014-03-24: Moto 360 Sports Different Watchbands And Builds
- 2014-03-23: Moto 360 Specifications Rumored
- 2014-03-20: Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch, presented by Jim Wicks, Design Chief at Motorola
- 2014-03-17: AT&T Moto X Android 4.4.2 KitKat Soak Test Kicks Off