The second annual NeuroGaming Conference and Expo will be held in San Francisco on May 7-8, 2014. The NeuroGaming Conference focuses on the convergence of mind and body with game play; using virtual reality, neurosensing, motion and gesture control, augmented reality, haptics, eye tracking, facial recognition and more cutting edge sensor technologies.
The two-day event brings together nearly 50 CEOs and executives speaking across twelve panels to share best practices, showcase new products and ideas, inspire each other and build new networks to help accelerate this rapidly emerging gaming sector.
Ubergizmo readers will get a $100 discount on tickets using the “Ubergizmo” code.
The NeuroGaming Conference and Expo will showcase top experts, leading companies, and new technology for engaging and entertaining – including:
· Palmer Luckey, Founder, OculusVR the future of virtual reality play
· Ed Fries, Co-creator of the Xbox on secrets from the future
· Stanley Yang, CEO and Founder, NeuroSky on entertainment neurogaming
· Robin Hunicke, Founder, Funomena on emotional game design
· Mike Ambinder, Valve on emotional gaming technologies
· Tan Le, CEO and Founder, Emotiv on neurosensing for wellness
· Tim Chang, Managing Director, Mayfield Fund on investing in neurogaming
Neurogaming companies are integrating new inputs like player heart rate, brain waves, pupil dilation, hand and body gestures, and changing emotional state to drive rich game play. Neurogaming is ideally suited to take advantage of output technologies like augmented reality, virtual reality and haptic sensation systems to make entirely new gaming experiences possible.
Many of the enabling technology companies will have their technology on display in the conference expo including: Emotiv, ViviTouch, Advanced Brain Monitoring, NeuroSky, Mindo, Throw Trucks with Your Mind, Intific, Leap Motion, faceshift, DAQRI, Blue Marble Brain Company, MindLight, Briim, Ontario Brain Institute, NeuroElectrics, Interaxon, Melon, Squag, NeuroGaming, Puzzlebox, iMotions, Sixense and many more.
Co-hosted by NeuroInsights, the neurotech market authority; the NeuroGaming Conference will take place on May 7-8 at City View at Metreon, located at 135 Fourth Street, San Francisco. A neurogaming hackathon is scheduled for the weekend prior to the main conference on May 3-4 in San Francisco, with up to $50,000 in prizes available for winning. See the website for more details and to register: www.neurogamingconf.com
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-15: 80,000 Oculus Rift Devices Have Been Sold to Date
- 2014-04-14: Oculus VR Founder Thinks Television Will Be Irrelevant In The Future
- 2014-04-14: Nature Documentary Being Filmed Specifically For The Oculus Rift
- 2014-03-30: Oculus Rift Team Hit With Death Threats Following Facebook Acquisition