Most of us like to stay on top of the news. With so much happening around us everyday its vital to stay connected. Modern technology has made that very easy, and as gadgets get more advantage, timely access to information gets even easier. Samsung launched a trio of wearable devices at MWC this year, both hit the market earlier this month. Two new apps, News Republic and Appy Geek, have now been released for Samsung Gear 2 and the Gear Fit activity tracker.
Through News Republic users can get national news, Appy Geek is specifically for technology related news. Both applications are available for download through the Samsung App store for Gear 2 smartwatches. Gear Fit users can download these applications through the Google Play Store.
The apps give users the ability to personalize news from more than one million unique topics, read full articles on the Gear 2 smartwatches, receive breaking and custom news alerts as well as open up articles on their Samsung smartphone or tablet from the wearable device. Since Gear Fit’s display isn’t big enough, users will only be able to swipe headlines on it, but it will allow them to open articles on a connected Samsung mobile device.
The apps pool in latest news from more than 900 publications around the world and offers more than 10,000 fully licensed complete articles that are published daily in six languages. Both applications are available for free.
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit Reportedly Expensive To Repair
- 2014-04-14 Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-08 Samsung Enables Vertical Display Orientation In Gear Fit
- 2014-03-09 Official Samsung Galaxy S5, Gear 2, Gear Fit Hands-On Videos Released