We did bring you word earlier today that there were layoffs which happened at Nike’s FuelBand unit, although Nike has since reassured customers and potential shoppers that their FuelBand device is not going to go away anytime soon. Well, it seems that the adage of “one man’s loss is another man’s gain” rings true, as there are now rumors of these dumped FuelBand staff jumping over to Apple to work on Cupertino’s much hinted iWatch, where a conceptual idea of it can be seen above.
Apparently, Nike’s alleged close relationship with Apple (Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO, does sit on Nike’s board after all) has been used as a launch pad for whispers of both companies joining powers to churn out a wearable computing device. Perhaps it is time that the world guns for a new piece of technology to ogle over, first with the smartphone, then the tablet, and a watch might be next although initial efforts by the likes of Samsung have not really taken off in a big way. Perhaps Apple might be able to lead the way, just like how they did with the smartphone and portable media player?
After all, Tim Cook did mentioned before that Apple will soon enter a “new category”, and that ought to have shed more detail in hindsight eventually.
Next Story: Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20: Nike Digital Sports Division Layoff Might Be A Boon To The Apple iWatch
- 2014-04-20: Sketchy Photo Of iOS 8 On iPhone 5S Appears Online
- 2014-04-14: iWatch Flexible OLED Display Rumored
- 2014-04-13: Insurance Companies Could Subsidize iWatch, According To Analyst
- 2014-04-09: High-End iWatch Could Cost Several Thousand Dollars [Rumor]
- 2014-04-09: iWatch Circuit Board Samples Reportedly Being Sent To Apple [Rumor]