Well according to a new set of rumors, it seems that the Lumia 930 will not be skipping BUILD after all. Instead it will be launched at the event but it will not be coming with Windows Phone 8.1 installed it it.
Apparently the delay was due to some last minute issues with Windows Phone 8.1 and the handset which caused some incompatibility, but we guess Nokia/Microsoft thought it’d be better to show the device than to have it launch separately.
In any case this is merely a rumor but with the BUILD conference taking place tomorrow, we guess we won’t have to wait too long to find out if the rumors are true. For those unfamiliar, the Nokia Lumia 930 is said to be the international variant of the Lumia Icon which is a Verizon-exclusive.
What do you guys think? Is it possible that Nokia/Microsoft would allow the handset to be launched without Windows Phone 8.1 on board? We can only imagine many customers will not be to happy about it.
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-04-14: Upcoming Nokia Device Codenames Leaked
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-04: Nokia Lumia 930 To Come Bundled With Wireless Chargers
- 2014-04-03: Nokia Glance Not Arriving For Lumia 930 Due To Hardware Limitations
- 2014-04-02: Nokia Lumia 930 Unveiled
- 2014-04-02: Nokia Lumia 930 Leaked Yet Again
- 2014-03-30: Lumia 930 Might Skip Microsoft BUILD Conference [Rumor]