We know that Pokemon is a pretty big deal in Japan. Not only do they have Pokemon-themed airplanes, they also have Pokemon Centers, and recently it was revealed that by attending a Japanese football match, attendees had the chance of winning themselves a limited edition Pokemon-themed 3DS XL.
Well it looks like the Pokemon promotions are set to continue because in conjunction with Pokemon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction, it looks like moviegoers will be able to redeem themselves a couple of Pokemon characters that they can add to their Pokemon X and Y collection.
The first Pokemon that gamers can redeem would be Diancie, for obvious reasons. The Diancie Pokemon will be at level 50 and will come with the Diamond Storm, reflect, Moonblast, and Return set of moves. The next character, Darkrai, will be available to moviegoers who book tickets in advance for the movie.
The Darkrai character will come with its own set of moves that includes Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Phantom Force, and Dream Eater. Unfortunately there was no mention as to whether a similar promotion will be offered to Pokemon gamers in other parts of the world, but in the meantime it looks like it will be a Japan-exclusive.
Pokemon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction is currently pegged for a release in Japan’s cinemas on the 19th of July.
- 2014-04-17 Win A Limited Edition Pokémon-Themed 3DS XL By Attending A Japanese Football Match
- 2014-04-13 Pokemon And Zelda Monopoly Box Art Spotted Online
- 2014-03-31 Google April Fools' 2014 Is All About Catching Pokémon
- 2014-03-30 NTT Docomo Smartphone Elderly Monitoring Service Launched
- 2014-03-28 Japan Warns Citizens Of Impending Missile Strikes Via Text Messages
- 2014-03-17 Mario Kart Race Happens In Tokyo
- 2014-03-17 Japan To Get New Wii U Bundle