There is plenty that the new Samsung Galaxy S5 is, where it is capable of being water resistant, laughs at the colony of dust bunnies in your home, being full well capable of shooting some very high quality video along the way, but one thing it is not – bulletproof. Sure, we have seen the Galaxy S5 go through some rather abusive tests in the past, including falling under the drop of a hammer, but Rick Ryan, the “tech assassin,” has decided to send the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the firing range and see how it stacks up against a .50-caliber Barrett.
Of course, the entire appeal of Ryan’s effort has nothing to do with the real time destruction of the Galaxy S5, but rather, the slow motion video capture (it would be really ironic if it were to be another Galaxy S5 that recorded everything that happened in 4K glory, but I digress) that will let you see what happens when a bullet rips through this technological marvel.
Needless to say, no smartphone has managed to come out unscathed after being hit directly with a bullet, although we have heard an instance of the iPhone possibly saving a soldier’s life while he was on duty in Afghanistan.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Vs .50 Caliber Rifle: Fight!
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown