Wireless covers are still something of a novel feature for smartphones or tablets. This is because that despite the fact that the devices can be charged wirelessly, they still require a charging plate which is tethered via a power cord, meaning that at the end of the day, you will still have to place your phone at a location in order to charge it.
Perhaps one day we will be able to live in a world where magnetic resonance is used for wireless charging but until then, we guess we’re “stuck” with regular wireless charging instead. Now if you were thinking of getting the Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung has recently taken the wraps off their new wireless charging accessories.
These accessories include an S-View flip cover accessory or a regular backplate. Both models are the same except with the former, you will get an S-View cover, but both will feature a standard Qi charging module in the back that should be compatible with Qi chargers, including Samsung’s own model if you wanted an official charger to go with it.
The design of the covers are similar to the design of the Galaxy S5, meaning that it will sport the same dimpled and textured design on the back. All the models will also feature the gasket which is part of the Galaxy S5’s water-resistance feature. The wireless charging covers are now up for pre-order so if you’d like to learn more or place a pre-order of your own, head on over to Samsung’s website for the details.
Next Story: Apple's iPhone Almost Had An Always-On Display
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off