Given the steampunk nature of BioShock, we can totally see how the movie might be pretty appealing to moviemakers, although oddly enough we haven’t really heard anything about the possibility of a movie, at least until now. It seems that Sony Pictures has recently registered for a trio of domain names: bioshock-movie.com, bioshock-movie.net, and bio-shock.net.
The latter doesn’t really tell us much although the former two domain name registrations seems to suggest that Sony Pictures could be interested in making a BioShock movie, or are at least looking to protect the IP in the event that a movie is made. Of course it is possible that the domain registrations are fake as we have seen in the past, but at the same time it’s not so far-fetched.
After all ever since the first BioShock game was released, there have been talks about turning it into a movie, but so far this is pretty much the most concrete “evidence” we have to date. While we’re sure that BioShock fans are looking forward to the idea of a movie, we remain a bit skeptical. Video games turned to movies have typically never fared very well.
In fact a professor at a university even offered up his opinion on why video games that are made into movies tend to fail. In any case BioShock fans should probably not get their hopes up just yet, but we’ll definitely keep our eyes peeled. In the meantime are you guys excited at the possibility?
Next Story: LG G3 Mini Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory