In the past week, we did hear about how Sprint mentioned about Android 4.4.3 KitKat for the Nexus 5 smartphone, which leads to the question as to which particular device is going to be the next one to receive this particular mobile operating system update. There is every chance that the Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play edition is all up for it, at least according to the Bluetooth SIG.
The Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play edition is a device that falls under the phablet category, sporting a 6.4” display, and it has been certified for some Android 4.4.3 KitKat action. For those who want definite proof on the Bluetooth SIG, it is not there, but rather, one would stumble upon a reference to the “Togari GPE”.
Togari happens to be the code name for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra, while GPE stands for Google Play edition. As for the software version listed, it happens to be the KTU72.S1.3013, which is widely believed to represent Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Google Play edition smartphones rely on a stock Android OS, which makes it faster to update compared to unlocked and carrier models. After all, these updates are sent out straight from Google without having to go through any intermediary.
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-01: Sony Xperia SP WIll Not Get Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
- 2014-03-19: Sony Xperia Ultra, Z1 And Z1 Compact To Receive Android 4.4 KitKat Updates
- 2014-03-09: Android 4.4 KitKat Rolling Out To Xperia Z Ultra Owners
- 2014-02-27: Android 4.4 KitKat Arriving On Xperia Z1, Xperia Z Ultra And Z1 Compact
- 2014-01-30: Sony Xperia Z1 And Xperia Z Ultra Gets Software Update