Back at the Mobile World Congress 2014 in February, Sony unveiled its new flagship smartphone, the Sony Xperia Z2. The smartphone has already been released in select markets around the world, but its yet to make its way to North America. Bell, a major carrier in Canada, has announced that it is going to release the Xperia Z2 next month, May. There’s no word as yet on when Sony plans to bring this smartphone to the U.S.
The Sony Xperia Z2 may very well make its North America debut on Bell in Canada if it doesn’t get released in the U.S. later this month, or if some other Canadian carrier decides to beat it to the punch. Bell hasn’t said how much the waterproof Android flagship smartphone from Sony is going to cost on its network. presumably it may be offered for $200 with a two year service contract.
As previously mentioned, the Xperia Z2 has already been released in select markets. There appears to be high demand for Sony’s latest flagship. There have also been reports that Sony is facing production issues, primarily due to one of its component manufacturers. Across the pond in the UK, Sony is trying hard to fulfill all pre-orders. Despite that, channel sales may get pushed into May if recent reports are accurate.
Next Story: New BBM Update With Stickers And More Released
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2014-04-08: Sony Xperia Z2 Users Complaining Of Gap In Casing And Overheating
- 2014-04-08: Sony Xperia Z2 Delays Ramp Up