As you might have heard by now, T-Mobile will be updating its Windows Phone handsets, the Nokia Lumia 925 and the Lumia 521 to Windows Phone 8.1, but what about other Windows Phone handsets on other carriers? Will they be updated to the latest build of Windows Phone as well?
The good news is that as far Sprint is concerned, they are on board as well and have recently announced that they will be updating both the Samsung ATIV S Neo and the HTC 8XT to Windows Phone 8.1. Unfortunately just like T-Mobile, Sprint declined to provide us with an exact date of when they will be updating both devices, but promised it would be arriving “this summer”.
Interestingly enough both the Samsung ATIV S Neo and the HTC 8XT are the only two Windows Phone handsets available on Sprint at the moment, so it’s safe to say that Sprint will be updating their entire portfolio. The Windows Phone 8.1 update was recently announced during Microsoft’s BUILD conference which is taking place this week.
The update will bring about a host of changes and new features to the Windows Phone operating system, one of which is the highly-anticipated Cortana voice assistant feature, which based on what we have seen so far is pretty impressive and could give the likes of Google Now and Siri a run for their money.
So, who’s looking forward to getting their Windows Phone 8.1 update?
- 2014-04-14: Android 4.4.3 For Nexus 5 Release Expected Today
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Sprint Announces WeGo Phone For Kids
- 2014-04-10: Sprint's HTC One M8 Apparently Comes With Harman/Kardon Speakers
- 2014-04-09: Samsung Galaxy S4 With Sprint Spark Gets Wi-Fi Calling
- 2013-07-09: HTC 8XT Available On Sprint For $100 Starting July 19
- 2013-03-25: Sprint Launches Windows Phone Landing Page, Announcement Imminent?
- 2013-01-10: Sprint's Windows Phone 8 Lineup Will Be "Current"
- 2013-01-07: Sprint Support Page Says Windows Phone 8 Is "Coming Soon"
- 2012-04-03: LG LS831 spotted at the FCC, could this be Sprint's Windows Phone?