Microsoft’s Larry Hryb, better known as Major Nelson, has confirmed that support for Xbox One external game storage is “coming soon.” Hryb made these comments on the Xbox One subreddit, he responded to a query about the console’s ability to support external hard drives. Hryb said that he needs to check up on the status of media storage support, but does confirm that external storage support if coming soon.
He has also promised to share additional information as soon as its becomes available. Xbox One owners would certainly like to know if there’s a limit to the external storage limit. The Xbox 360 could only support external storage up to 32GB. Its not known as of now if the Xbox One will even have a limit, Hryb says he’ll share details once he knows for sure.
It had actually already been revealed that the console would have support for external storage, and it was also confirmed that the feature won’t be available at launch. So up till now Xbox One owners have had to make peace with the internal 500GB hard drive, which can neither be removed or serviced by the user.
Hryb also hinted that more Xbox One features are on the cards, without giving away too many details. He says that lots of good work is going on to make the Xbox One “even better.”
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements
- 2014-04-06: Microsoft Reportedly Working On New Xbox One Controller Update
- 2014-04-04: Xbox One Security Flaw Discovered By 5-Year Old
- 2014-04-01: New Xbox One TV Features Coming Soon, SmartGlass Gets An Update