T-Mobile’s CEO, John Legere, is known for being a rather chatty and outspoken fellow especially on Twitter, and a recent tweet showed the CEO’s excitement for the Windows Phone platform. According to his tweet, Legere writes, “That @windowsphone is awesome! Great for business customers, #amiright?!”
There is a small chance that Legere might be snubbing BlackBerry, a company that is typically known for its popularity amongst business and government circles. It was recently announced that BlackBerry and T-Mobile would be ending their licensing agreement with one another on the 25th of April which is when their contract is set to expire.
Of course it is also possible that Legere could be referring to how Nokia recently furnished a bank in Spain with 30,000 Lumia handsets. According to the bank, the tight integration with Office and security made Windows Phone a logical choice.
He later follows up with another tweet about his excitement that the recently announced Nokia Lumia 635 will be launching on T-Mobile’s network later this summer. In any case hoperfully this is what Microsoft and Nokia needs, which is more excitement and hype about the Windows Phone platform, and hopefully it will pay out for them in the future.
In the meantime who else is equally excited for the new Windows Phone handsets and Windows Phone 8.1?
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-10: T-Mobile Announces Operation Tablet Freedom
- 2014-04-02: T-Mobile To Update Lumia 925 And Lumia 521 To Windows Phone 8.1
- 2012-06-20: Nokia Lumia 900 not offered by T-Mobile Germany because of the lack of an upgrade path?
- 2012-01-04: Nokia Lumia 710 Review
- 2011-12-29: Nokia Lumia 710 appears on T-Mobile's page with SmartStart
- 2011-12-14: Nokia Lumia 710 hands on