Bad news Spider-Man fans, it seems that if you were looking forward to playing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 on the Xbox One console, you might be disappointed to learn that it seems that the game might have been cancelled for the platform. This is according to a recent sighting by NeoGAF users who spotted the changes on the game’s website.
The game was originally pegged for a release in the US on the 29th of April where it was expected to make its way onto platforms like the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, the PC, the Wii U, and the Nintendo 3DS handheld console. However with the recent sighting, it seems that all the platforms are good to go minus the Xbox One.
In addition, online retailers like Amazon UK and EBGames Australia have also removed the Xbox One version of the game from their listings, but have maintained the date for all other versions. It is unclear as to why Activision might have delayed or possibly even cancelled the game for the Xbox One.
In a statement released by the publisher, “We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One. When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD.” It sounds a little ominous and it almost sounds as though the game might have been put on hold indefinitely. After all if the game needed a little bit more work, they would have just said so, right?
- 2014-04-17: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Indefinitely Delayed And Possibly Cancelled For The Xbox One
- 2014-04-14: New Xbox One System Update Starts To Roll Out Tonight
- 2014-04-14: Codemasters Teases Announcements, New F1 Title Likely
- 2014-04-10: Skype For Xbox One Getting Update Next Week
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One YouTube App Will Now Support Uploads
- 2014-04-07: Xbox One Original Shows To Feature Interactive Elements