Minecraft has become such a popular game that we’re starting to see it creep into our everyday lives. Whether you play the game or not, chances are you’ve probably across something about it, whether it be the mobile version of the game, the Xbox version, or maybe even a plushie or a figurine.
That being said, the latest episode of The Simpsons opened with a slightly different couch gag, this time around paying homage to the immensely popular game. Basically the entire opening of The Simpsons episode was created to resemble Minecraft. While it isn’t exactly Minecraft, we guess it’s pretty close, not to mention Moe the bartender appearing at the end as a Creep basically confirms it.
When Minecraft’s creator, Markus “Notch” Persson heard about it, his reaction was that he did not know how to feel about it. Taking to Twitter, Persson wrote, “The Simpsons did a Minecraft couch gag. I’m not sure how I feel about it.” Before you guys think that he wasn’t happy about it, Persson follows up by saying, “I STILL feel a bit like it’s just this small game I made at home. It’s so weird to have all these things happen.”
In any case for those who have not caught the latest episode of The Simpsons and would like to check out the couch gag, check out the video above to see it in action. In the meantime what do you guys think? Did you like it?
- 2014-04-21: Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Candy Texture Pack Now Available
- 2014-04-16: Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition Arriving This May 16th
- 2014-04-13: 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2014-04-04: Minecraft For Xbox 360 Crosses The 12 Million Copies Sold Mark
- 2014-03-31: Minecraft PS3 Update Delivers New Features Like Zombie Villagers