Big Red likes to take its time when rolling out updates for devices, which means that users have to wait for quite a lot of time to get the latest software on their devices. Folks with LG’s existing flagship on Verizon can now get excited. The Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 update has been released. It brings a host of improvements and tweaks as well as subtle user interface changes. The update will be rolled out over-the-air so it should pop up automatically on users’ devices.
Immediately after installing the update users will notice a new location menu as well as white status bar icons, this is staple on all KitKat updates. Other minor tweaks include improved visual voicemail, captions and color adjustment addition. Several things have been renamed in the update. For example, the “Magnification Gestures” label now reads “Touch Zoom.”
Verizon has tweeted that it is going to roll out Android 4.4.2 for LG G2 in phases. This means that the update would be available across all regions at the same time. Users will have to wait for it to go live in their particular region. Once it does, the Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 update will be available for installation on the device itself.
Next Story: OnePlus One Finally Seen In Leaked Photos
- 2014-04-20: Verizon LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2014-04-18: Verizon HTC One M8 Software Update Arriving Soon
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-16: Activate Download Booster In Verizon And AT&T Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-07: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-06: Verizon HTC One Max Android 4.4.2 Release Possible Tomorrow
- 2014-03-31: Sprint LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Available Now
- 2014-03-19: International LG G2 Android 4.4.2 Update Released
- 2013-11-24: Verizon G2 Android 4.4 Custom ROM Released