Earlier this morning, there were rumors going around concerning the release of Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview later today, and it seems that such a rumor was spot on – as Microsoft had already made available the preview version of Windows Phone 8.1. Right now, this operating system remains in its penultimate form, and has been made available to developers so that they can test it out for bugs and other possible hiccups before it is released to the masses.
Those who happen to be members of Microsoft’s developer community can take the step to download the preview without having to fork out a single cent. Apart from that, it will also comprise of all the features which happen to make up the revised operating system, where among them include the much talked about Cortana personal assistant, a brand new Start screen, and the Action Center.
Microsoft has warned that this particular update might actually void device warranties, since carrier and manufacturer software updates are not part of the developer preview. It is widely expected for Microsoft to introduce Windows Phone 8.1 to the masses later this coming summer. Do bear in mind that a preview update will only include the Microsoft portion of the update, whereby mobile operator and OEM driver updates will be released when the official update for your smartphone is available.
Next Story: Huawei Ascend P7 Spotted With Metallic Chassis
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview Version Revealed
- 2014-04-14: Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Could Be Released Today [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: Microsoft Looks Into 3D Face Scanner Using Windows Phone Handset
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-08: Sony Windows Phone Device Expected This July
- 2014-04-07: Microsoft Reveals Why Their Low-End Devices Do So Well