Xiaomi of China, a fast rising star in the smartphone market, apparently missed the alluded deadline for its first tablet’s rollout on April 23, but at least we know for sure that the company is working on introducing the tablet as soon as possible – at least according to the buzz that various Chinese and Taiwanese websites have been going on about.
Focus Taiwan claims that Xiaomi is right now in talks with both Intel and Nvidia, which means they could pick from either one of them to deliver the SoCs for its maiden tablet attempt. Apart from that, word has it that Xiaomi’s first tablet will feature a 7.85-inch display that boasts of 1536 x 2048 pixels, hence making it a rival of Apple’s iPad mini with Retina display.
Other than that, Focus Taiwan did mention in passing that they heard from a Taipei-based researcher on Xiaomi’s plans to introduce its first tablet in the third or fourth quarter of this year, with a possible price point of $160. Now that’s going to be a bargain for many, that’s for sure! Let us see if China’s most successful smartphone manufacturer is going to be able to have a hit on their hands with this bad upcoming boy or not.
Next Story: Google+ Integration To End
- 2014-04-23 Xiaomi Will Expand Sales To 10 New Countries
- 2014-04-22 Xiaomi's Website Rebranded To Mi In Light Of Global Expansion
- 2014-04-20 Xiaomi's Tablet Could Launch On The 23rd Of April
- 2014-04-17 Chinese Manufacturers Gear Up To Rain On OnePlus' Parade
- 2014-04-03 MIUI Express Brings A Taste Of Xiaomi To Your Android Phone