Gigaom has turned the successful Mobilize conference into Structure Connect with the 2014 theme of “Building the Internet of Things.” While once software apps were blowing up the tech scene, now it’s the Interent of Things – the connectivity of everyday things.
The Structure Connect speaker line-up feeds off Gigaom’s editorial focus, bringing significant names not yet mainstream to discuss what’s going on behind the scenes of IoT. Structure Connect agenda highlights include:
- Search and the Internet of Things with Thingful
- Redefining security for a connected and data-centric era with the ACLU
- Google’s big plan for Chromecast with Google
- Will the Internet of Things create a new generation of middleware with IFTTT
- The Internet of Things needs a voice with Pandora
As always Gigaom is keeping it interesting with speakers like Jay Stanley, Senior Policy Analyst with the American Civil Liberties Union, to speak on user rights and security. Mario Queiroz, VP of Product Management at Google Chromecast, will be lending insight on what’s coming up with Google’s move into the family multimedia center. And to speak to the crowfunding of IoT devices is Kate Drane, successful Entrepreneur and also Design, Hardware and Technology Lead at Indiegogo.
Additional speakers include:
- Martin Varsavsky, CEO, Fon
- Jacopo D’Alessandris, VP Marketing Consumer Lifestyle Philips
- Chris Weasler, Director Global Connectivity, Facebook
- Kevin Meagher, VP & GM Smart Home, Lowe’s Home Improvement
- Alex Hawkinson, CEO, SmartThings
- Ashley Simmons, Florida Hospital Celebration Health Center
Structure Connect takes a closer look at the companies shaking up the IoT world, the infrastructure being built to support it, and addresses the concern of security to avoid the doomsday global collapse. With a hot speaker line-up and an agenda to take a deeper dive into the IoT, Structure Connect is the conference ticket to nab this fall.
Ubergizmo readers get 25% off ticket prices. Just use code UBERGIZMO14 or register here.