Last year in December, the Android stats revealed that as far as the latest version of Android was concerned, it was only installed on a measly 0.4% of Android devices. This is despite the fact that Nougat has been made available for a while already, and that competing platforms such as iOS were well over the 50% mark by that time.

However slow and steady wins the race, or at least that’s how the saying goes. That being said it seems that according to Google’s latest Android stats, Android 7.0 Nougat is now installed on 1.2% of all Android devices. Android 7.0 Nougat itself is on 0.9%, while Android 7.1 is on 0.3%, but overall the Nougat operating system is at 1.2%.

This is still quite a very tiny fraction compared to the rest of the Android ecosystem, but it’s slowly getting there. In the past month or so we have been hearing how Android OEMs are slowly pushing out the Android 7.0 Nougat update to their handsets, so give it a couple more months and those numbers should be considerably higher.

Not to mention MWC 2017 is coming up at the end of the month and we expect that more phones with Android 7.0 Nougat will be announced, so those should help with its distribution figures as well.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about Android, android 7.0 nougat, android updates and Google.

User Comments