Similar to how the Nintendo Switch was Nintendo’s chance at redemption, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 also represents Samsung’s shot at redeeming themselves following the disastrous launch of the Galaxy Note 7 back in 2016, and yes it appears that things are going pretty well for the company.

According to Samsung, it seems that over in Korea alone, they have managed to get close to 400,000 pre-orders on the first day alone. To be specific it seems that the company managed to rack up 395,000 pre-orders on the first day, which is a little more than the Galaxy Note 7 which managed 380,000.

Samsung goes on to add that the 64GB model appears to be the most popular of the bunch and accounted for 65% of pre-orders, while the 256GB model accounted for the remaining 35%, presumably due to the fact that it costs more. The Blue and Black finishes were also the most popular options and came in first and second respectively.

We’re not sure what the worldwide figures are at the moment, but for now it looks like Samsung has yet another hit on their hands, and barring any mishaps, it looks like the Galaxy Note 8 will be raking in the cash for Samsung this year alongside the Galaxy S8 and S8+.

Filed in Cellphones. Read more about Galaxy Note 8 and Samsung.

Display
6.3"
2960x1440 Super AMOLED
Price (approximative)
~$929 - Amazon
Camera
12 MP
F1.7 Aperture Size
Image Stabilization
Weight
195 g
Battery
3300 mAh
Launched in
2017/08/01
System
6GB RAM
Exynos 8895 or Snapdragon 835 + MicroSD
Storage (GB)
64,128,256
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Review
Ubergizmo Rating: 10/10
User Comments