Basic video editing capabilities like trim/cut are natively available on iPhone with the help of Photos app. You could utilize this ability on-the-go where you only need to cut or trim a video without necessarily having an active Internet connection (because it is built right into your phone, you do not need to download anything).
Photos app is not just a photo viewer but also lets you cut or trim the videos you have on your library. However, if you need some more functionalities to edit the videos, 3rd Party apps would help you.
In this article, we will let you know how to cut/crop videos on iPhone using the Photos app and also how that can be done utilizing an app from the App Store.
How To Cut/Crop Videos On iPhone Using Photos
- Launch the Photos app.
- Tap on the video which you want to operate on.
- Head on the tweak/edit option at the bottom of the screen as highlighted in the image above.
- Now, you will observe two pointers to adjust the length of the video. You can set the range to trim the video and finally tap on “Done“.
- You will be prompted to trim the original file or you could save it as a new clip.
How To Cut/Crop Videos On iPhone Using Video Editor App
In case you are looking for a way to cut/crop videos with some more basic functionalities like adding transitions or the ability to resize the video, then Video Editor by Kite Games Studio could be your perfect companion.
Steps To Cut/Crop Videos on iPhone Using Video Editor by Kite Games Studio
- Install Video Editor from the app store.
- Launch the applications. At first, you will be greeted with the screen to import videos from Library. You would be also asked to let the app access your Photos.
- After you have allowed the app to access your photos, you can select any one of your videos to import and click on “Done” present at the top-right corner of the screen.
- This one’s easy. You do not need to look for an icon to trim the video but all of its options are labeled in the app itself. If you want to trim, you can click on Trim button to get started or if you want to resize the video, proceed tapping the resize option.
Now, you can be sure that we do not need any of the 3rd party apps from the App Store to simply crop or trim the videos on iPhone.
Although, if you are in the requirement for more functionalities than what iOS provides natively, you will have to utilize an app like the Video editor to be able to do more things.
Is there a better alternative to “Video Editor” app? Would you utilize the default editing capabilities on iPhone or install an app to do so?
Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.