No matter what device you own, whether it is an Android or an iPhone, you need to keep applications up to date to get the latest and greatest features and bug fixes (including security) as soon as they land.
It is really simple to update your apps on both Android and iOS devices. We will explain the procedure to let you know how to update your apps for both mobile OS environments.
How To Update Your Apps – Android
- Find the Google Play Store icon from the app drawer or your home screen and launch it.
- In the Play Store, tap on the “Menu” icon as highlighted in the image above.
- Now, you will find the “My Apps” option listed. Tap on it to see all of the apps you have installed.
- If you want to update all of your apps to the latest version, you need to click on “Update All“. If not, you can individually tap on each of the applications you want to update, and then tap on “Update” as shown in the image below.
In addition, if Play Store does not work (encounters some error), you can try fixing Play Store not working error first and then try updating the apps.
How To Update Your Apps – iPhone
- Launch the (Apple) App Store.
- Tap on the “Updates” section which you can find as one of the options present at the bottom of the App Store as shown in the image above.
- Tap on “Update All” to start updating all of your apps on the device. Else, you can tap on “Update” against each of the applications listed to individually update them.