In light of all the rumors and speculations about the ASUS Transformer running low on stock, the folks over at Netbook News decided to get in touch with ASUS to get to the bottom of things. They managed to get ASUSTek spokesman David Chang about the Transformer shortage news. According to Chang, they are still manufacturing the Transformer tablets, with 100,000 units expected to be produced in May and 200,000+ units in June.
He also confirmed that they’ll be increasing the amount of tablets available in June, and they’ll continue to do so if customers continue demanding the tablet. The reason we’ve been having a shortage of supply isn’t because of lack of components – ASUS simply didn’t expect the tablet to be selling like hotcakes, hence they didn’t produce enough of them to meet the demands of customers. So for those of you pining to get your hands on one, just have a little patience until the production catches up with demand in June.
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2014-01-06: ASUS Transformer Book Duet Announced, Dual Boot Windows 8 + Android
- 2013-01-09: Asus Transformer All In One Seen With Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- 2012-10-11: ASUS Transformer Pad TF300 receives Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update
- 2012-07-18: Original ASUS Transformer to receive Jelly Bean
- 2012-03-14: ASUS rolling out bug fix for the Transformer TF101