Now here is an interesting thought – ToyToyota is a spin off from the Japanese automotive giant, and they decided to make driving a whole lot more fun for the backseat driver, particularly junior who loves asking, “Are we there yet?” even though you have barely pulled away from your driveway. ToyToyota’s Backseat Driver is a simple GPS-based app for iDevices such as the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad, where kids will be able to enjoy a virtual drive that is linked to the GPS system via the current driving route in the real world. Enjoy a video of it in action after the jump.
This is a casual racing game that will see the player chase a virtual vehicle known as the “Papa Car”. You are able to pick up points through precise turns while collecting objects along the way.
Hopefully you have enough juice on your iDevice to last the trip and to keep your little one quiet. This would offer an alternative to a DVD on a long road trip. The ToyToyota Backseat Driver will be a free download, where it will work with iOS 4.1 or later devices.
Next Story: Lenovo IdeaPad K1 launches this July 20th
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day