At long last – just like how true love can stand the test of time, so too, do hardcore fans of the Asus Eee Transformer (TF101) have the kind of patience to wait for the long promised Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update. Having seen delays for not once but several times already in the past, we are pleased to announce that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is now available for the Eee Pad Transformer. Too bad Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is currently the desert of the day for folks living in Taiwan, although Asus did promise that it will arrive in other regions in due time. Here is what Asus says about the situation below.
Dear valued ASUS fans,
ASUS prides itself on delivering the best products to end-users, which means that we not only aim to deliver innovative products but also to continue improving the out of box experience throughout their life cycle with regular firmware updates.
Many of our Eee Pad Transformer TF101 users have waited patiently for the promised Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update and we are delighted to announce that the first wave of FOTA updates for TF101 firmware v.18.104.22.168 started today in Taiwan. The update will FOTA in other regions soon after.
Although we will announce several new innovations at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona next week, we take great pride in delivering on-going enhancements and support for products that are well into their life cycle.
Thank you once again for your valued support!
Next Story: T-Mobile to launch 4G LTE network in 2013
- 2014-04-21: Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2012-05-18: Asus EeePad Transformer TF101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich fix
- 2012-05-11: Asus Eee Pad Slider SL101 gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OTA update
- 2012-03-06: ASUS Transformer TF101 to get fix for ICS bugs
- 2012-02-21: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update delayed - again!
- 2012-01-11: ASUS Transformer Prime Ice Cream Sandwich demonstrated (video)