Using our electronic devices during flights are starting to become more common, although the ability to make calls via our mobile devices are still a no-no, at least until now. Emirates Airlines has announced that passengers on their A380 aircraft will now be able to make mobile phone calls thanks to their OnAir WiFi technology. Prior to that, emails and text messaging were possible via Emirates, but phone calls were not possible due to the rather clunky satellite system that was used at that time. OnAir is expected to change that and will now allow passengers to make calls during flights using their mobile devices. However calls are not allowed to be made within 250 miles of the US due to FAA rules, but it certainly is a step in the right direction.
- 2014-04-02: Shoptagr: Tag Now and Shop Later for Less
- 2013-08-08: Civilization Online Revealed
- 2013-08-07: Apple Granted Appeal That Reinstates ITC Case Against Motorola
- 2013-08-06: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Always-On Voice Recognition
- 2013-08-06: LG G2 Release Expected On Launch Day