The tablet market is definitely heating up, with Apple venturing into the 7” tablet market, while the 10” tablet market has just received another competitor in the form of the Nexus 10 from Google’s camp. Kinda ironic, don’t you think so? Well, the 10” tablet market is going to be all the more interesting in the future, especially when we have Japan Display announce their 10.1” IPS panel at WUXGA resolution.
We are talking about 1920 × 1200 pixels here, which means there are a wee bit more pixels compared to Full HD resolution. Other than that, Japan Display’s sample will feature a 800:1 contrast ratio, a 178 degrees left/right viewing angle, sporting a thickness of just 2.14mm while tipping the scales at 130 grams. No idea on just which hardware manufacturer is going to adopt Japan Display’s IPS panel down the road, but we do intend to keep our eyes peeled for new developments. We are definitely curious as to how much this IPS panel will add to the overall cost of a device that adopts it.RELATED
- Cut The Rope 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS Dec. 19
- Mirror Android Display On Apple TV Using Mirror App
- GTA: San Andreas Android And Windows Phone Release Is Due Next Week
- Zagat Update Brings New Tablet UI And More
- Google Maps iOS And Android Apps Updated With Gmail Integration
- Seen at: j-display