Yes, it was just yesterday when we brought you word that there is going to be a new tablet for the folks over at Acer, and this particular tablet would be of the 7.9” variety and will be known as the Acer A1-810. As most have realized in the hardware specifications, the AU Optronics panel that will see action in the Acer A1-810 also happen to be an exact twin of the panel that sees action on the current generation iPad mini, including its much maligned 1024 x 768 resolution. This would mean that Acer is certainly serious about making a dent in the tablet market, but other than sharing select similar specifications with their main rival, what other steps can be done?
Pricing, of course, will determine a whole lot whether there will be an uptake of the new devices of course, and it seems that Acer might actually want to slash the price of the Acer A1-810 from $249.99, dropping it all the way to $149.99. The Acer A1-810 is set to be manufactured by Wistron from April later this month, with a progressively increasing number of units produced each month.
Next Story: Xiaomi MI-2 S Version Benchmarked
- 2014-04-10: Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30: Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27: Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12: Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing