[IFA 2013] We were already aware ASUS was in the process of creating new PadFones, FonePads and what looks to be a 5-inch device called the MeMOFone. It didn’t’ take too long for the company to unveil one of its new products, and today, the company is announcing a new Fonepad 7 is in development.
The new ASUS Fonepad 7 will feature a 7-inch 1280 x 800 display, will be powered by a 1.6GHz Intel Atom Z2560 dual-core processor, and will come with 1GB of RAM, a 5MP rear-facing camera with an F2.4 lens, 8GB of internal storage and microSD card support of up to 64GB.
For the most part, the new ASUS Fonepad 7 seems to resemble its predecessor, which we reviewed earlier this summer, but ASUS will be making some improvements to the updated tablet which includes a faster processor, improved camera and a number of other things. One of the more interesting improvements is the tablet’s dual-front speakers with SonicMaster technology, although we already thought its previous speaker quality was very good.
Since IFA is kicking off this week, we’re sure we’ll be hearing more about the updated ASUS Fonepad 7 in the coming days. Until then, those who were on the fence to purchasing the previous tablet seem to have something to look forward to in the next couple of months.RELATED
- Samsung Reportedly Working On Flexible Tablet Displays With Stylus Support
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPad Air Leads Tablets During Holiday Weekend
- Applebee's Installing Nearly 100,000 Tablets On Its Tables In 2014
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Follow: asus, Fonepad, ifa 2013,
- Seen at: youtube