The best developers never stop learning. They’re constantly expanding their knowledge sets into new arenas: new languages, security, hardware, and even better human management.
DevBeat — hosted by VentureBeat on November 12-13 in San Francisco — is the can’t-miss event for those bright, motivated, mid-career developers.
What to Expect:
- Take ‘master classes’ on Node, Angular, Python, and more
- Dive into workshops on security, design, and dev team leadership
- Hear talks from hackers like DHH, Stallman, Lerdorf, and many others
- Make decisions about what to learn, do, and be in the years to come
- Hack hardware hands-on with your peers
- Venture deeper into polyglot territory
- Explore new career paths
The program is high-level but hands-on. It features two main tracks — one with focused ‘master classes’ and active participation, and one with lean-back learning in sessions with world-class guests and modern hacker heroes. Register here with code “Gizmo” and save 20%.
- Richard Stallman, Founder, Free Software Foundation
- Rasmus Lerdorf, Creator, PHP
- David Heinemeir Hansson, Creator, Ruby on Rails
- Tim Bray, Dev Advocate, Google
- Tom Preston-Werner, Co-Founder & CEO, GitHub
- Raymond Camden, Senior Developer Evangelist, Adobe
- Jeff Lawson, Co-Founder and CEO, Twilio
- Alex Payne, Programmer, Writer & Angel Investor
- Jonathan LeBlanc, Principal Developer Evangelist, PayPal
- Eric Minick, DevOps Evangelist, IBM
- See them all here
What would an event be without a good party? During your downtime, you’ll have plenty of time to network with 400 awesome developers during beer breaks, quick-connect sessions, receptions, and more.
Looking for new job opportunities, or for a developer to work with you at your own company? This is your chance to meet brilliant, motivated developers in a practical, focused environment.
If you’re good now but want to be the best, if you feel like you’ve hit a plateau, if you need inspiration from peers and coding heroes, come to DevBeat. You’ll leave with the latest tools, insights, and cutting-edge ideas to take your craft to the next level.
Register here with code “Gizmo” and save 20%!