Samsung’s R55 is the first notebook from the company to utilize a hybrid hard drive. This 15.4″ widescreen productivity tool comes with the recently unveiled SpinPoint MH80 80GB hard drive with 256MB of flash memory to reduce boot times while improving disk access. This means you get much faster read and write speeds in general, resulting in Windows Vista Home Premium taking 40 seconds to boot up. The use of such technology also prolongs the hard drive’s lifetime by another 10%. The R55 will be available in Korea, powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz processor, 1GB of memory, a mid-range video card, and a DVD rewriter. It will retail for approximately $1,939 after conversion, but expect the price to be different in Europe and other regions.
Next Story: Zune phone in the works?
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-15: Gmail Gets New Insert Photo Button
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign