The Proto 2 cyborg arm definitely aims to make a robotic arm function as good as a normal arm for those who have lost their limbs through accidents or wars. The deadline has been set at 2009, and the gauntlet has been thrown. Apparently, muscle signals sent from one’s body to this robotic arm will enable it to respond in astonishing speed and accuracy – something that was just a dream a few years ago. While the Proto 2 arm is not perfected just yet, things certainly are looking up for amputee victims. I suppose when the day comes where you get a fully functional robotic arm like Will Smith in I, Robot is when this project has truly succeeded.RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Seen at: wired