Trust the Germans to come up with something like the VinylDisc. This audio format features a CD on one side and a vinyl on the other, building a bridge between both analog and digital audio on a single format. British group Fightstar will take the honor of releasing the first record on the VinylDisc format. Developed by Optimal Media Production, the limited edition single by Fightstar will come with one track on each side, and only 3,000 copies have been manufactured, retailing for $6 a pop. Any idea whether anyone would want to adopt this format? The vinyl side doesn’t really do much since it can only hold 3 minutes’ worth of audio, and will probably be more of a gimmick than anything else.
Next Story: $399 PlayStation 3 is an unofficial certainty
- 2014-04-15: iTunes Radio UK Release Possible Soon
- 2014-04-14: Voxeet 2.0 with Dial-in Support and Voxeet for Mac - Review
- 2014-04-13: Sprint And Spotify Reportedly Joining Forces
- 2014-04-11: Apple Reportedly Blocking Music Rivals From Purchasing iAds
- 2014-04-11: Blicko Offers A Social Music Experience Unlike Any Other