Trust the Germans to come up with something like the VinylDisc. This audio format features a CD on one side and a vinyl on the other, building a bridge between both analog and digital audio on a single format. British group Fightstar will take the honor of releasing the first record on the VinylDisc format. Developed by Optimal Media Production, the limited edition single by Fightstar will come with one track on each side, and only 3,000 copies have been manufactured, retailing for $6 a pop. Any idea whether anyone would want to adopt this format? The vinyl side doesn’t really do much since it can only hold 3 minutes’ worth of audio, and will probably be more of a gimmick than anything else.
Next Story: $399 PlayStation 3 is an unofficial certainty
- 2014-04-21 Beats Music Subscription Reportedly In The Low Six-Figures
- 2014-04-21 Boom Boom Bluetooth Speakers Will Evolve Over Time
- 2014-04-20 Rubens' Tube Pyro Board Is An Audio Visualizer For Our Times
- 2014-04-20 Beats Music Embraces In-App Subscriptions To Drive Subscriber Base
- 2014-04-18 Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience