Folks in central London will be able to take advantage of the new loo-locating texting service that was launched by the Westminster Council. This certainly comes in handy for those who are unfamiliar with London and yet absolutely need to go, texting ‘toilet’ to 80097 whereby the reply will consist of the street name of your closet toilet. Dubbed Sat Lav (hilarious!), this service has details on 40 toilets covering 8.5 square miles of Westminster. Initial testing didn’t show encouraging results as a reply came in after 7 to 10 minutes – that’s way too long for someone in an emergency. I’d take the easy route out – locate the nearest pub and head in there. After all, what’s a pub without a loo?
Next Story: HP sites get solar systems
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 1020 Used To Document Underwater Diving Mission
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014