You have probably seen USB based dog tags before. This one is a little different, the purpose of the U-Tag ICE is to store your emergency medical information and to be easily identified as that. It was originally designed with the motorcyclist in mind but now it is marketed towards anyone adventurous. It’s imprinted with U-tag logo and the ICE “In Case of Emergency” acronym. It supports USB 1.1/2.0 standards and has 10 years or more data retention. Your information can be included in 7 languages. This all comes in a weatherproof aluminum alloy enclosure. However, if you are not keen on the dog tag military style, then they also have the same product in an ID card format. The Dog Tags go for around $49.99 and the card style for $39.99. You can grab one at U-tags site.
- 2011-05-26: Guide vest that lets blind wearers "see" the world via tactile feedback
- 2011-05-19: Bionic hand affixed to Austrian man voluntarily
- 2011-05-05: Navy SEAL dogs do not, I repeat, do not have titanium teeth unless necessary
- 2011-04-28: Awaiba NanEye camera is super small
- 2011-04-26: Radar detects concussions in athletes and soldiers