Aren’t pedometers meant for humans, you ask? Well, toy mavens Takara Tomy has come up with a digital pedometer for your four legged friend that not only keeps track of just how many steps he has taken throughout the day, but records it’s physical activities such as eating and sleeping as well. No idea whether it will record the other kind of activity that non-spayed pooches get involved in from time to time, but that’s another idea for a different day. The dog pedometer will retail for $55 a pop and relies on a special kind of technology which is able to monitor movement across all four legs. In addition, it comes with an integrated sensor which is able to detect whether Lassie is actually running or walking instead of scratching or shaking. Neat, but pretty pointless IMHO.
Next Story: Storing More Data With Next-Gen Barcodes
- 2014-04-18: One Sky, One Road Project Sees 80 Hour Drive Across Japan Recorded
- 2014-04-17: Toshiba’s MicroSD Memory Cards Are World’s Fastest
- 2014-04-17: Amazon Fire TV’s Voice Search Expands Partners Roll
- 2014-04-17: Home Try-On Program For Google Glass Launched
- 2014-04-17: Glasses Use OLED Screens To Show Fake Eyes