Acer’s prepping itself to ship their Veriton N260G super small nettop in the US, where it can be VESA-mounted onto the back of an LCD display, or alternatively, placed on desks courtesy of its retractable stand. Despite being so small, it is still capable of packing in an Intel Atom 1.66GHz processor, 1GB RAM, Intel’s GMA 4500M graphics chipset and a 160GB hard drive powered by Windows XP Professional. Each purchase comes with a recovery disc of Windows Vista Business though. Security features include Acer’s eLock Management that makes room for password protection on removable data devices, optical drives and other interfaces to prevent data theft. Other specifications include HDMI output, a half dozen USB ports, gigabit Ethernet and a PS/2 port. Expect the Veriton N260G to start from $399 upwards.
Next Story: Zoo animal waste to power vehicles
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing