Is the software running on mobile devices nowadays too bloated? Well, considering that the hardware currently available is quite powerful, we certainly can’t blame the developers for beefing things up (especially when everybody wants more features). That being said, a video has surfaced of a homemade device, running an 8-bit processor, 4KB of RAM, and a 12Mhz Atmega644 CPU. Based on the video, it looks and performs smoothly, so that’s quite impressive. Maybe the next big thing for mobile phone OS developers is to come up with more lightweight software? It would seem kind of far-fetched though, considering everybody loves their phone to be jam-packed with features, right?RELATED
- Nokia Offers Indian Authorities $369 Million To Unfreeze Its Assets
- eBay CEO Believes Amazon's Delivery Drones Are A 'Long-Term Fantasy'
- Canned French Air Selling For $7.50 Each Is Making A Large Profit For Student
- AT&T Not Open To Sharing Government Requests With The Public
- Major Tech Companies Call For NSA Reforms
- Seen at: blog.makezine