Palm account users have reported data loss after resetting an account, or while trying to use their account on a new Palm WebOS device. Data loss includes contacts, calendar, memos, and tasks.
“We are seeing a small number of customers who have experienced issues transferring their Palm Profile information to another Palm webOS device,” a Palm spokesman said in a statement. “Palm and Sprint are working closely together to support these customers to successfully transfer their information to the new device.”
Palm says that only a small number of users are affected, but we don’t really know what “small number” means, and it’s hard to tell if your phone will be next. Be safe and backup your stuff. May be we’ll all learn something from the recent Sidekick debacle and from this growing one… I’ve had something like this happen to me during my Palm Pixi Review, where my account was lost and I had to re-create it from scratch. I’m on an Exchange account, so nothing was lost… phew!
- 2011-06-01: Qualcomm Keynote @ Uplinq 2011
- 2011-05-31: T-Mobile Will Ride HSPA+ to 672Mbps. Possibly Beyond
- 2011-05-25: Sony Ericsson revamps strategy, will release new models but stop software support, says Eldar Murtazin
- 2011-05-24: iPhone 3GS won't be upgraded to iOS 5.x, says Eldar Murtazin
- 2011-05-10: Google I/O 2011 wrap-up