A note from a friend alerted me earlier today: “This owned us [the company] so hard… virus scanners are worse than viruses I tell you”, he said. And he wasn’t the only one. A McAfee anti-virus update (#5958) has managed to take down tens of thousands of thousands of corporate PCs worldwide. Hopefully, you are not reading this from a phone while waiting for your PC to be fixed. This was a “corporate” update, so folks are home should be fine on this one. On the IT side, people are still scrambling to address the problem. At this point, McAfee has taken measures to prevent further machines to succumb to this update, but those already in trouble aren’t out of the woods. If you’re one of them, you are not alone: McAfee Communities, Twitter.
- 2011-06-14: Toshiba Qosmio X770 with 3D
- 2011-06-13: HP New Notebooks Lineup with AMD
- 2011-05-17: Parents can control child's Facebook page with new bill
- 2011-05-14: Chromebook Preview
- 2011-05-12: Google Chromebooks might not be so secure after all?