HTC has announced that it has acquired the French software development company, Abaxia. Details on the purchase weren’t mentioned, but word is that HTC shelled out a juicy $13 million odd for the company which has previously collaborated with Nokia, Samsung, LG, Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Palm, Vodafone, Orange, Telefonica, and also HTC itself. HTC claims that the acquisition of the company will deepen and broaden its software development capabilities, allowing the company to innovate faster. From a quick peek at the company’s product page, speculation is that it could contribute to HTC’s popular HTC Sense UI, possibly offering some interesting improvements. Are you hoping that HTC will further develop its Sense UI, or are you perfectly content with the way it is right now?
Next Story: Photofast iPad Camera Concept Module
- 2014-04-15: Steve Jobs Movie Will Not Be Directed By David Fincher
- 2014-04-15: FBI Adds Facial Recognition To Its Arsenal
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-11: SELFIE Mirror Shoots Seflies
- 2014-04-10: Amazon Appstore Surpasses 200k Apps Milestone