Online marketplace Craigslist has issued a statement in response to a recent open letter that claimed the site actually helps promote prostitution. The Washington Post was the “venue” for a paid advertisement, where a couple of women appealed to close the site’s adult section, touting that it had caused them to be victimized into forced prostitution and trafficked for sex by their captors. Craigslist responded, asking whether the crimes had already been reported to the police, while claiming it was “combating trafficking” already since they too, want to learn more about the situation in order to improve their preventative measures. Will Craigslist just shut down the entier adult section just to tread on the safe side, or do you think they will brush this off as isolated cases, because there is still money to be made in this area?
Next Story: Reading a terrorist's mind
- 2011-06-14: Toshiba Qosmio X770 with 3D
- 2011-06-13: HP New Notebooks Lineup with AMD
- 2011-05-17: Parents can control child's Facebook page with new bill
- 2011-05-14: Chromebook Preview
- 2011-05-12: Google Chromebooks might not be so secure after all?